"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." - Dr. Seuss, Oh! The Places You'll Go!



my ordination song

"I always knew you.
in your mother's arms,
I have called your name.
I've an idea placed in your mind
to be a better man."


- sufjan stevens, 'vito's ordination song'

*****

it is this what i find today: that i have struggled and wrestled with You for the past five days; that i saw my own brokenness and woundedness and that You understood it all -- that You too were abandoned; that it was my earth that You were facing when You were on the path to calvary; that You live in me despite my sinfulness and you chose to do so; that I have found healing in You; that i have risen up because You did it first; that now You have made me whole, i am of service to You.

i reprhase what the pevensies said in the last book of narnia: You are more than what i ever hoped for. thank You.

*****

"nothing is more practical than finding God,
that is,
than falling in a quite absolute,
final way.
what you are in love with,
what seizes your imagination,
will affect everything,
how you spend your weekend,
what you read,
what you know that breaks your heart,
and what amazes you with joy and gratitude.

fall in love,
stay in love,
and it will decide everything."

- pedro arrupe, sj, 28th superior general of the society of jesus

posted by lex @ 6:47 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home