"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..." - Dr. Seuss, Oh! The Places You'll Go!



aqualung

one of my current music faves is aqualung. i've found matt hales cracking voice suit my brand of emotionality. just hearing the song 'take me home' tends to recall times of inner homelessness and longings for peace. it is certainly apt that he called his debut album strange and beautiful, which is what it is. with that, most of his songs have found its way into my top 25 most played itunes list.

*****

over the weekend, i went to biga in laiya, batangas to help out a friend do some research dives. (to those who don't know, i was employed as a marine researcher for 2 years.) after one and a half years of not being able to dive, i needed to fill my aqualung with some salt water.

incidentally, the conditions that greeted me on the first day weren't all that perfect: the current swayed back and forth from time to time, it rained and wind made it all the more harsh to be on the boat. unusually though, because of the conditions, it made it sweet to be out at sea. although i told my co-volunteers about my previous experiences with this kind of weather and ranting about it, deep inside i was having the time of my life. nothing like the harshness of the conditions to exhilarate me! (weird.)

but then again, i love work dives. i got to help out in reef monitoring plus i was with people who very much care for the environment.

thanks day for the opportunity to work with you! hope to do it again soon!

posted by lex @ 10:04 PM,

2 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Hi Lex,

Thank you very much for helping us out! It was great to have you on the team.

I agree with you--Iba din talaga ang hatak ng dagat.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger lex said...

yup. to the sea indeed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home